25.7.10

Plundaarrrrrfest



Thy first year say of plunderfest got all sorts a scurvy wervy. There be a camp fer space pirates, dead pirates, regularrrr pirates, vikings, lost boys, booty bay bucaneers and a course the pirates worst enemy, the ninjas. With all sorts of sheninjagans the madness set in quite nicely. 

Tharr be a numbarrr of secret ninja missions but parrhaps the funnest parrrt was thy search for tha booty. I happened to intarrrcept the clues midway when my friend sweetness received harrr paarrrt of thy puzzle that said "bring me something sweet" I just so happened to of brought the vendor coconut bliss to the festival and was able to snag a full tub of bliss for a coconutcase. She slipped me the next clue which was to bring a musical instarrment to the prince of the lost boys. I happened to know peterpan personally and brought him a tune from my didgeridoo. The prince of plunder presented me with the next clue which was to bring a jolly roger to ase. This stalled the search for a mere minute, I wasn't quite sure where to find a jolly roger but I came to thine realization that I could simply draw one on a rolling paper. I rather suddenly then just so happened to find a ninja wearing an ace on his shirt dancing amongst the madness. He gave me a skull ring with a red bandannarrrr painted on and said this be yarrr final clue. Being as the ninjas flag had a jolly rogarrrr with a red bandanarrr covering is grin I knew I would needs ta find my ninja Justice. When I ran into my mate he laughed and said he hadn't even given out the first clue yet, how ye be arrrready at the finish? I decided then that I would be a humble ninja and give the booty up and become a piece of the puzzle. I told him to give the clue, find the stingers of the sea and yer plunder shall be as I was camping amongst the jamfish and I would then give the hint to say "Justice and power must be brought together so that whatever is just may be powerful and whatever is powerful may be just"

I alas regret to say that I had to leave the festival due to a misunderstanding...  It is not love that is blind but jealousy. Love sees sharply, hatred sees even more sharp, but jealousy sees the sharpest for it is love and hate at the same time and yet it is nothing but fear of abandonment which lives off doubt. However doubt is just as important as faith or we will always be limited by our beliefs and thus we need to doubt our limitations and doubt our doubts so that we may have the faith, which is not blind but a willingness to try, faith in action is realization, faith is stronger than destiny. Jealousy is a dragon which slays love under the pretense of keeping it alive. The tiger who devours its pray and its own heart, troublesome to others yet torment to one self.




The discovery of truth is prevented more effectively, not by the false appearance things present and which mislead into error, not directly by weakness of the reasoning powers, but by preconceived opinion, by prejudice. 

Satnam



Plunder Fest 2010 : LED jellyfish installations from Mallory Lighter on Vimeo.


$10 T shirts
$5 Bandanarrrs
$15 Jamfish or 5 for $50


Installation designed by Mallory Leider, Chris Lyle and Ben Wuest